Whitford's Airport - Weedsport
Whitford's Airport was founded in 1950 by Joe Whitford. Joe, who operated a dairy farm and learned to fly in his spare time, carved a small grass runway out of his farm fields for his Piper J-3. It wasn't long before other local pilots were asking to keep their aircraft there. Hangars soon sprouted, the runway was lengthened, a second runway was built, and a small building was dedicated to a clubhouse and airport office. The airport continued to be improved throughout the years. More hangars were built, the office was replaced with a more modern structure and in the early 1960's our "Famous Pancake Breakfasts" were conceived. In 1997 a 3630' asphalt paved runway was constructed and in 1999 a self-service fuel facility was installed. The original turf runway still remains and the airport is still owned by the Whitford Family.
Whitford Airport Click Here